What began in a chicken coop and laundry room of an old farmhouse evolved into a future-forward B2B company specializing in cybersecurity, proactively managed IT services, and hosted and on-premise voice solutions, with security being top of mind. If you like innovation, team work and client focused dedication to excellence, let us know by applying.
The Systems Administrator will build, deploy and manage secure Windows server environments, software, and related system infrastructure for the company, its affiliates and clients.
- Participation in technical research and developments to enable continuing innovation within the company.
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company policies and standards.
- Support Sales, technical staff and customer service in a technical support and sales engineering capacity as required. This includes definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; technical analysis and design.
- Execute, test and roll out the solutions in support of operations staff.
- Participation on projects to smooth the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities.
- Build, deploy and manage Windows server environments.
- Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy, print, file, and storage management
- Ensure the Rule of Least Privileged in adhered to and review periodically – no less than twice per year.
- Recommend and manage systems for the design and development, administration and operations of LAN, WAN and WLANs at various physical locations.
- Mentor and develop staff as required or requested.
- Address and resolve system issues directly or by overseeing tasks completed by others.
- Serve as an information resource for both internal and external audiences.
- Proactively identify, isolate and resolve network problems to avoid minimal impact to the business.
- Review network utilization; prepare reports reflecting utilization statistics.
- Audit existing infrastructure and software to ensure proper setup, application of patches and policy compliance.
- Ensure documentation and cross-training is complete and current to allow for support of the systems in the event of absence.
- B.S. in technology related field or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with networking technologies.
- Solid background in Windows server technologies
- Solid background with LAN/WAN/WLAN technologies, security appliances and with SECURE framework.
- Experience performing Network Assessments and Audits.
- Maintain current industry and job knowledge, and certifications as appropriate.
- Flexible work schedule - off-hours for project implementation and 7 by 24 on-call support, some travel may be required.
- Professional presentation and excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Must be results orientated, self-motivated and possess high-energy.
- Must uphold the company values of: passion for our clients, leading expertise in our specific industry, innovation, work / life balance, respect for all, taking initiative and teamwork.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Twinstate Technologies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Twinstate Technologies complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Twinstate Technologies expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Twinstate Technologies’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.